Consultancy firms can become certified by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). Becoming a recognised, certified cyber security consultancy firm allows companies to give their clients and customers independent, expert cyber security advice from a pool of certified professional NCSC Assured Service Providers.
This accreditation is aimed at providing government departments, wider public sector and Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) with regular support on a wide and complex range of cyber security issues.
Consultancies who become NCSC-certified have proof that the services they deliver meet NCSC’s standard for high-quality, thorough, recognised, bespoke cyber security advice.
Bridewell Consulting has been certified by the NCSC to offer the following services:
Audit & Review
- Offering advice and guidance to clients on how to maintain the relevance of, and ensure the continuous improvement of, internal or external cyber security standards, policies and procedures.
- Providing advice and guidance to clients in support of satisfying or maintaining certification or compliance requirements.
- Reviewing existing cyber security policies and procedures used by clients and offering recommendations of any changes or improvements.
- Reviewing cyber security artefacts. For example, designs, risk analysis, security claims provided by clients or third party business partners, in support of audit activities.
- Conducting checks, reviews and audits, as well as providing reports to reassure organisations with the confidence that internal and external cyber security policies, procedures and external security requirements are being complied with.
- Providing advice and guidance to clients, helping them understand what risk assessment approach is right for them. This is in the context of what industry they’re in, what services they provide, and what outcomes they wish to achieve.
- Working with clients to help them develop a realistic view and understanding of the cyber security risks that are associated with their business objectives.
- Undertaking and documenting risk assessments on behalf of clients to help them identify and tackle cyber security risks relevant to what they are doing and what they are trying to achieve.
- The communication of risk assessment outcomes to clients in ways that support effective security and business decision-making.
- Offering advice, guidance and recommendations on how any identified cyber security risks could be managed. This is to help clients make decisions and develop strategies for risk management.
- Providing guidance on the effective application of recognised risk management frameworks and/or methods.
- Implementing cyber security control recommendations, aimed at identifying and isolating risks.
- The development and documentation of risk management plans. Plans that are relevant to the client’s business, which take into account their services and goals.
- Giving any advice to help clients develop approaches that ensure the continuous management of identified risks. For example, if the business, threat and technology landscape changes, how they can cope with these changes and still mitigate risks.
Bridewell’s services are accredited by the Certified Cyber Security Consultancy scheme by the NCSC.
- No matter what your requirements, we have the experience and expertise to provide you with the training and advice required to achieve accreditation.
- You can find further details about us on the NCSC website including how to procure services if you are in the public sector:
NCSC Bridewell Consulting Certified Service
This means Bridewell have…
- Met the NCSC’s standards and can be trusted.
- A proven track record in delivering high quality cyber security consulting services to customers.
- Demonstrated that we have a defined process for working with customers to understand their needs and tailors advice accordingly.
- Exhibited a clear understanding of current and potential cyber threats and techniques and potential effective mitigations.
- Shown first-hand that we act with integrity, objectivity and proportionality.
- Ensured that we protect the client’s confidentiality and integrity and complies with relevant laws and regulations.
- Sought to continuously improve the services offered to meet the evolving needs of the customer.
We’re here to help, so to speak with our team and learn more about how Bridewell can benefit your organisation, just complete the below form and one of our experts will be in touch.
Bridewell Consulting may contact you from time to time to keep you informed of security news and events.