Infrastructure Testing Tools
We use industry-leading penetration testing tools to thoroughly examine your infrastructure and provide a comprehensive, detailed report that details every possible scenario that could transpire in your organisation.
The types of pen-testing tools Bridewell Consulting typically use can be grouped into the following categories:
- Port Scanners
- Exploitation Frameworks
- Vulnerability Scanners
- Application Scanners
- Host Discovery
Infrastructure Testing Process
Bridewell’s qualified penetration testers will work with you to determine the exact scope of your requirements. This helps us to understand your primary security concerns. We will ensure you understand how we will perform infrastructure security tests, where we adhere to strict methodologies.
Our authorised and certified infrastructure testers will perform multiple manual and automated enumeration techniques, ethically ‘compromising’ systems within the scope, to establish the level of potential threats that exist.
Bridewell’s experts will typically test anything from the following:
- Perimeter network devices
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Remote Access Gateways
- Domain Controllers
- Mail, Application and Web Database Servers
Our typical Infrastructure Penetration Testing follows the below six stages:
1. Planning and Preparation
- Host Discovery
- Port Scanning
- Service Enumeration and Fingerprinting
- Vulnerability Assessment*
- Privilege Escalation
- Lateral Movement
5. Clean Up
- Removal of any files/tools that the penetration test may have used
6. Report Generation
- Evaluation and evidence
* The Vulnerability Assessment is a vital part of every security testing procedure, which is the part where the classification and prioritisation of security vulnerabilities are determined. This crucial step is where we, as a certified security testing company, would assess the severity of the potential risks and threats. No matter the size of your organisation, it’s safe to say you would benefit significantly from a Vulnerability Assessment; their importance cannot be underestimated.