Bridewell consultants hold industry recognised qualifications and have experience of designing security architectures to enable business. Our service offers organisations the chance to engage professionals who understand the importance of balancing the requirements of the business with then need to reduce risk to the organisation. This will ultimately deliver an architecture that will be of long term benefit to the organisation.
The engagement of a security architect early enough in a project lifecycle has numerous advantages. The organisation can benefit from a robust and detailed requirements gathering exercise so requirements and design decisions can be tracked and traced through to go live. This will mean organisations will better understand the risks they face.
A security architect delivers several other benefits: –
- An understanding of the interdependencies across the organisations estate.
- A standardised approach across the estate meaning better interoperability.
- An understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of cloud based solutions, and how to integrate with the existing estate.
- An understanding of risk management, benchmarking and best practice, financial implications and legal and regulatory obligations.
The most significant benefit of engaging a security architect is that by taking an enterprise view and approach the security architecture can be cost effective and affordable and provide a strategic platform for future re-use and growth.
Engaging a security architect late in the day however is not the end of the world. An experienced security architect will be well positioned to understand the weaknesses in a design, qualify the risks for an organisation and recommend and implement a remediation plan for the organisation to mitigate the risks.
How We Can Help
Our architects hold industry recognised qualifications and have experience of designing security architectures to enable business. Our methodologies cover the early phase of a project lifecycle from requirements gathering to design and through to build and run. We can utilise either general security architects or technical specialists who have experience of designing and building detailed solutions, for example identity and access management solutions and cryptographic solutions.
Our consultants use industry standards and reference architectures wherever possible. They are familiar with cloud technologies, agile methodologies, and can review an estate and provide advice on secure solutions in line with industry best practice.
Our security architects can be engaged either individually or as a team to lead large scale systems integration projects, transitional and transformation programmes, or augment existing teams.
We can offer expert professionals who can: –
- Provide an independent validation and review of proposed security architectures.
- Understand and map to industry standard methodolgies e.g SABSA, TOGAF.
- Design and implement Identity and Access Management solutions.
- Deliver Network and Infrastructure designs
- Deliver Application designs.
- Manage project transitions and systems integrations using traditional or agile approaches.
- Design and deliver Big data and analytics solutions.
- Chair or participate in an organisation Technical Design Authority (TDA)
- Deliver SOC and SIEM Solutions.
- Deliver Gateway and boundary architectures. (PSN etc.)
- Deliver PCI-DSS compliant solutions.
- Deliver Cryptographic and Cryptographic key management solutions.